Here are some places where you'll find me
in the coming months. Events marked with an asterisk * are open
to the public. To learn more about any listing, please contact me.
May & June
May 4, 11, 18 Prime Time Family Reading Time Program, Woodford County Public Library, Versailles, KY. Learn more about Prime Time at http://www.kyhumanities.org
May and June -- I’ve been awarded a one month research support fellowship in Berea College’s Appalachian Sound Archives Fellowship Program. So throughout most of May and June, I’ll be in Berea, KY listening to story recordings of Kentucky folktales collected by Leonard Roberts. I’m delighted!
* June 10, 11, 12, Pigeon Forge Storytelling Festival, Pigeon Forge, TN
June 17, Buggy Kentucky, St. John’s Summer Reading Camp, Versailles, KY
June 18, Stories & Poetry & Public Speaking, A performance plus workshop, English as a Second Language Program, Warren County Schools, Bowling Green, KY
* June 22, Estill County Public Library, 1:00 p.m. Irvine, KY A variety of stories appropriate for children and adults.
* June 25, Old Tales, New Retellings, Madison County Public Library, Berea Branch, 6:00 p.m. Berea, KY Be among the first to hear Mary tell tales based on the research she conducted in the Appalachian Sound Archives at Berea College in April and May. This is an evening of works in progress.
July & August
* July 3 – 9, Storytellers Wild Week, “Working With Folktales”
I’ll be leading workshop sessions throughout a wonderful storytelling week, hosted by Dianne Hackworth at the Wild Acres Retreat Center, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, near Little Switzerland, NC. Cost: Per person for 6 nights, 17 meals -- $490. Includes double room, all meals, workshops, story swaps, evening programs. $200 deposit with registration. Balance of $290 due by June 1, 2010. Learn more about this event at http://www.diannehackworth.com/wildweek.php#top
* July 29 – August 1, National Storytelling Conference, Los Angeles, CA. Learn more about this event at http://www.storynet.org This is my yearly opportunity to spend time with my storytelling colleagues from around the country. There are workshops and performances galore. Everyone is welcome.
* September 10, 11, Bristol Hills Storytelling Festival, Elkhart, IN. Learn more about this event at http://www.bristolhills.net
* October 19, Two Chairs Telling, Open Eye Figure Theatre, Minneapolis, MN. Another storyteller/spoken word artist and I will be telling stories in response to one another for 90 minutes! Hmm, could be delicious! Contact: Loren Neimi, email@example.com
* November 12, 13, Kentucky Storytelling Conference, Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park, Gilbertsville, KY. A weekend of storytelling workshops and performances. For me, this is a “don’t miss” opportunity to network with, learn from, and enjoy more storytelling colleagues close to home. To learn more about the Kentucky Storytelling Conference, visit http://www.kystory.org the website of the Kentucky Storytelling Association.
back to top
Hamilton, Professional Storyteller
Springhill Road, Frankfort, KY 40601-9211